Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. Discover Canada

International Experience Canada for citizens of Slovakia- Travel and Work in Canada

Táto stránka je k dispozícii v slovenskom jazyku

Make your working holiday dream a reality! International Experience Canada gives you the information you need to Travel and Work in Canada for up to one year.

International Experience Canada 2014 will open on Tuesday, April 1st 2014, at 4:00 p.m. Bratislava time (10:00 Ottawa time).

  • Working Holiday    Waiting List
  • Young Professionals     CLOSED
  • International Co-op (Internship)     CLOSED

The 2014 application process will be conducted in two stages. The first stage will be conducted completely online through IEC Kompass account, including the submission of all supporting documents electronically. Paper applications will not be accepted.

To start your IEC application, consult the Application Step-by-Step Guide.

You’ve always dreamed of spending a year living and working in Canada. Maybe you want to gain valuable international work experience in a bilingual across Canada while working at stops along the way...or simply intern abroad for your next co-op work placement.


Did you know that the Government of Canada has an agreement with the Government of Slovakia to make it easier to do just that?

Through International Experience Canada, you can apply for a temporary work permit to travel and work in Canada for up to one year.

There are organizations and companies that offer their services to participants in International Experience Canada. We refer to them as, Service Providers. Below is some advice to keep in mind when considering their services.

International Experience Canada

International Experience Canada enables Slovak citizens between the ages of 18 and 35 to:

  • stay in Canada for up to one year;
  • legally work in Canada;
  • experience another culture.

Get started today - Choose your experience!

Photo Credits:
Ski in British Columbia: Canadian Tourism Commission
Explore Canada’s Parks: New Brunswick Department of Tourism and Parks
Work and travel in Quebec City: Canadian Tourism Commission
Northern Lights in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories: Canadian Tourism Commission

Supplemental content


Date Modified: