Working Holiday For Lithuanian Citizens
Travel and work in Canada for up to one year
“I can say it was an unforgettable experience, and that I highly recommend it. It's a way to see more of this beautiful country of Canada.” - Cecile Villiger, Working Holiday in Canada
Eligibility Criteria for the Working Holiday Category
The Working Holiday category is designed for Lithuanian citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their stay (maximum 12 months).
To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 inclusive at the time your application is received;
- be a Lithuanian citizen;
- be in possession of a ticket to leave Canada at the end of your stay or sufficient financial resources to purchase such a ticket;
- have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover your expenses at the beginning of your stay;
- not be accompanied by dependant(s) under your IEC application;
- accept to purchase, prior to entering Canada, insurance for medical and health care, including hospitalization and repatriation, for the entire authorized period of stay;
- pay a participation fee that is equivalent to C$150) in Lithuanian Litas; and,
- not have participated in the Working Holiday category before. As a Lithuanian citizen, you may participate in International Experience Canada only twice and each time in a different category, with a three month interval between participations.
For more information: