Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Living/Travelling in France

Assistance to Canadians

Canada Pension Plan (CPP)

If you are aged 65 or you are between 60 and 64 and have entirely or largely stopped working, you are entitled to Canada Pension Plan (CPP) benefits calculated to reflect your employer/employee contributions . The CPP applies to all provinces except Quebec. However, payment of this retirement pension does not start automatically unless you are already collecting a CPP disability pension: you have to ask for it.

If you are not receiving your CPP pension cheque, please write directly to:

International Operations Division
Income Security Program
Human Resources Development Canada
Place Vanier, Tower A, 10th Floor
Vanier, Ontario
Telephone: 001-613-957-1954
Fax: 001-613-952-8901

A reciprocal agreement between France and Canada allows transfer of your Pension Plan benefits.

For more information, you can visit the Canadian Pension Plan Web Site and read the publications published by Human Resources Development Canada.


Date Modified: