Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Living/Travelling in France

Assistance to Canadians

Lost or stolen driver’s licence

If you have to replace your Canadian driver’s licence while abroad (the document is not valid anymore, or it has been lost or stollen), you must contact the provincial office for driver’s licences of the province where the document was issued.

If your driver's licences has been lost or stollen, you can report it at a local police station A "receipt" in lieu of a driver’s licence will be provided to you while you await the replacement.


Date Modified: