Internships at the Embassy and Consulates of Canada
The Embassy of Canada offers internship programs in several sections, details of which can be accessed at the following links:
The following conditions generally apply to internships:
- Participants in internship programs receive EUR400 per month. The Embassy cannot assume any further costs, such as travel expenses, accommodation, insurances, etc.
- Interns must have health insurance valid for Germany and covering the entire duration of their internship.
- Successful applicants are responsible for obtaining any residence and work permits they may require for Germany. Options for interested Canadians include, for example, the Youth Mobility Program (Experience Germany). >> Read more on Work and Study in Germany.
- Successful applicants must undergo a security clearance, details of which will be provided after the internship has been confirmed.
- Applications should contain a covering letter and a c.v. (up to a maximum of 2MB in total).
- For further details of internship programs, such as required language skills, compatible fields of study, dates, tasks, etc., the information sheets of the respective sections of the Embassy can be accessed through the above links.
- It must be pointed out that an internship does not lead to a permanent position. Please see job opportunities for information on openings at the Embassy and consulates.