Special Attention for Child Applications
Both parents are required to participate in obtaining a passport for their child and to sign the application form.
Who may apply for a child's passport?
- One of the child's parents
- The custodial parent in cases of separation or divorce
- The legal guardian
- Child applications MUST now be accompanied by a birth certificate with the names of the parents.
In the case of custody, separation or divorce:
- All legal documents that refer to custody, the mobility of, or access to the child must be provided
- If a divorce has been granted, a copy of the divorce judgment or order must also be provided
- Where a joint custody provision exists, either parent may apply, but both parents must sign the application
If the child is 11 years or older:
The child is required to sign in the signature box on the first page of the application form.
All documents submitted in a language other than English or French must be translated.
Acceptable translations : by a lawyer, by a certified translator or by the Translation Office of the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Date Modified: