Frequently Asked Questions
- My passport is getting full. Is it possible to get more pages added to it?
- I would like to renew my passport. How do I go about it?
- How can I submit my passport application?
- May I extend the validity of my passport?
- I don't have a guarantor here in Greece. What can I do?
- My photographer does not have a stamp to put on the back of the photo.
- Will you accept my application if I use A4 paper?
- How long does it take to receive my passport?
- May I ask someone else to collect my passport?
- Can I pay an additional fee to get my passport quickly?
- Will my old passport be returned to me?
- What is acceptable as supporting documents?
- Do you accept payment by cash or personal cheque?
- I have a visa/stamp in my passport. Will I be able to travel with my cancelled and new passport?
Additional pages cannot be added to an existing passport. A new passport will be required, regardless of the expiry date of the full one.
You can apply for a new passport up to one year before the expiry date of the old one. If requesting a new passport more than one year before your current passport's expiry date, please include an explanatory note.
Canadians living in Greece are eligible for the simplified renewal application process. For more information, check the “Simplified Renewal Passport Application” page.
If you wish to deliver your passport application in person, please visit the Embassy (48, Ethinikis Antistaseos street, Chalandri, Athens) Monday to Friday 09:00-12:00 (except holidays).
You may send in your application by registered mail or by courier. Our mailing address is :Embassy of Canada, Consular Section, Passport Office , 48 Ethnikis Antistaseos street, Chalandri, 152-31 Athens.
Effective February 1st, 2010, limited validity passports can no longer be extended. Please submit a new passport application.
As you do not have a guarantor, please request a Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor form by sending us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The name and address of the photographer and the date on which the photographs were taken may be written by hand on the back of the photographs. Please consult Photographs section for additional photo specifications.
Downloaded forms can be printed on A4 paper.
"We aim to process applications in 20 business days from the day a complete application is received. Processing times may increase in busier periods. Incorrectly completed applications will be returned to the applicant. Please consult the Checklist to ensure that all items are included in the application."
Someone else can collect your passport on your behalf provided this person produces a letter of authorization from you and a piece of his/her own identification.
We are not able to provide expedited service as passports are no longer issued on site. We aim to process applications in 20 business days from the day a complete application is received.
All documents (except a passport which has been damaged) are returned along with your new passport.
Please consult the section on Supporting Documents for additional information.
We accept payment in:
- cash in person
- certified bank cheques payable to the Canadian Embassy
- direct deposits in Piraeus Bank (IBAN : GR96 0172 0310 0050 3106 0223 247/ Bank account: 5031-060223-247/Account Holder: Canadian Embassy)
- credit card (Consular Fees and Method of payment)
We are unable to answer questions about visas/stamps in Canadian passports. It is incumbent upon the applicant to contact the issuing authority with regards to transferring any relevant visas/stamps into the new passport.
- Date Modified: