Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. Discover Canada

Visas and Immigration

Welcome to the Visa Section of the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong.

Important announcement

Effective March 31, 2015, all visa and immigration content on this website will move to the Immigration section of the new website. This includes country-specific information, checklists, forms and guides.

Please note: These changes do not affect the way visa and immigration sections at Canadian embassies process applications.


Important announcements

As of Tuesday June 3, 2014, the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao has relocated its offices. 

For additional information about the move, our office hours and contact details, please consult our relocation website.

The visa application centres (VAC) in Hong Kong, Taipei and Ulaanbaatar are now open and ready to accept applications!  Find out how to submit your temporary resident or permanent resident travel document application through the VACs in Hong KongTaipei or Ulaanbaatar. Visit the CIC website for more information on VACs.

The following applications must be submitted online or via a VAC:

  • visitor visa or transit
  • study permit
  • work permit
  • permanent resident travel document

As of September 4, 2013, you may need to give your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when submitting an application for a visitor visa. This new requirement affects citizens from 29 countries and one territory.

You can give your biometrics at the VAC in Hong KongTaipei or Ulaanbaatar.

For information about going to Canada and to find out how to make an application at this office, please refer to our list of services below.

We provide these services to citizen of or persons legally admitted to these countries.

Our Services:

Quick links

Supplemental content


Date Modified: