Canada Fund for Local Initiatives
The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) provides direct funding assistance to community groups, non-government organizations, people’s organizations and in exceptional cases, international NGOs, and government institutions for small projects addressing governance, democracy, economic, and other social development issues. The Embassy of Canada to Indonesia in Jakarta is responsible for the CFLI in Indonesia and Timor-Leste.
2016-2017 call for proposals
The Embassy of Canada to Indonesia and Timor-Leste in Jakarta is launching a call for proposals for CFLI. The call for proposals seeks projects that are of a maximum duration of seven months (with activities completed by February 28, 2017). Requests for core funding will not be considered. The average contribution is expected to be in the range of CAD $30,000-$50,000 for each individual project. Larger projects may be considered on an exceptional basis, with appropriate justification for use of funds. Once a thorough assessment of your application is complete, you will be notified of the decision. There is no need to contact the Embassy for updates on the status of your application. Please note the deadline for proposal submission is Monday, June 20, 2016.
Proposals submitted for funding must relate to one of the priorities below:
- Championing inclusive and accountable governance, peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity, and human rights.
- Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls.
- Addressing climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability.
- Stimulating sustainable and green economic growth.
- Promoting stability and security.
Term of Project
All project activities must be completed between the date of signature of the contribution agreement and February 28, 2017. Extensions to this date will not be considered. Final reports for projects must be submitted before March 17, 2017.
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
- local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations,
- local academic institutions working on local projects,
- international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities,
- municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects, and
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities.
The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level. Other entities, such as international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional organizations can be eligible for a contribution, provided that they are working with local partners and on local projects that are consistent with the objectives of the CFLI. Similarly, municipal, regional or national government institutions may receive CFLI funding, provided that their projects are essentially local in nature.
- administrative and overhead costs related to the project,
- capital and/or operating expenditures related to the lease and/or purchase and/or building of infrastructure,
- installation, maintenance, shipping and/or transportation costs, including fuel, computers and communication devices,
- civic education costs,
- conference and event expenditures,
- hospitality costs, excluding alcoholic beverages ,
- training and capacity building expenditures,
- costs of services received by recipients,
- outreach, communication and information dissemination costs,
- environmental assessment costs,
- advocacy and lobbying related costs,
- legal costs,
- accounting costs,
- medical costs,
- publishing costs,
- radio and television broadcast fees,
- facilities and equipment rental charges,
- research-related costs,
- salary costs relating directly to the project,
- security costs,
- translation and interpretation fees,
- travel expenses, using lowest fares possible but not exceeding full fare economy class,
- lease or rental of vehicles,
- vehicle and equipment operation, installation and/or maintenance,
- website development and related costs,
- miscellaneous expenses integral to the project
- nuclear technologies and facilities,
- assistance to military or paramilitary organizations,
- luxury goods,
- direct fiscal support to a government,
- core funding or recurrent costs of an organization (including salaries of permanent staff),
- expenses incurred prior to the signing of the contribution agreement
How do I apply?
Please find the application form and template at the following hyperlink: https://goo.gl/7t5eWr
Applications must be submitted no later than Monday, June 20, 2016 to the following address: email@example.com