Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. Discover Canada

International Experience Canada for Citizens of Japan – Travel and Work in Canada

Make your working holiday dream a reality! International Experience Canada gives you the information you need to Travel and Work in Canada for up to one year.

International Experience Canada 2014 will open on Thursday, January 16th, 2014, 5:00 AM Tokyo time (January 15th, 15:00 Ottawa time).  OPEN

You've dreamed of spending a year living and working in Canada. Maybe you want to gain valuable international experience in a bilingual country and travel across Canada while working at stops along the way...


Did you know that the Government of Canada has an agreement with the Government of Japan to make it easier to do just that?

Through International Experience Canada, you can apply for a temporary work permit to travel and work in Canada for up to one year.

International Experience Canada

International Experience Canada enables Japanese citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 to:

  • stay in Canada for up to one year;
  • legally work in Canada;
  • experience another culture.

Get started today – your working holiday!

Photo Credits:
Ski in British Columbia: Canadian Tourism Commission
Explore Canada’s Parks: New Brunswick Department of Tourism and Parks
Work and travel in Quebec City: Canadian Tourism Commission
Northern Lights in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories: Canadian Tourism Commission

Supplemental content


Date Modified: