Canada fund for local initiatives
Call for proposals
The Embassy of Canada in Amman, Jordan, is pleased to announce that it is accepting proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) for the 2015/2016 fiscal year. Information regarding project eligibility, application procedures and the deadline for submission is found below.
Program: Canada Fund for Local Initiatives 2015-2016
Recipient countries: Jordan, Iraq, Syria
Eligible projects: In the fiscal year 2015-2016, CFLI projects must focus on at least one of the following priorities:
- Preventing sexual and gender based violence;
- Protecting human rights and fundamental freedoms, including vulnerable groups such as sexual minorities;
- Supporting democratic transition and expanded democratic participation, particularly by women and minority groups;
- Entrenching the rule of law and combatting the destabilizing impact of crime and corruption, including through security sector capacity building;
- Strengthening economic governance, including building free markets and an effective enabling environment for business;
- Preventing child, early and forced marriage;
- Protecting religious freedom.
The CFLI program is a funding mechanism managed by the Canadian Embassy in Amman for projects in Jordan, Iraq and Syria. CFLI programming seeks to support local and international non-profit NGOs in activities that lead to sustainable development by advancing democracy and ensuring security and stability.
If your organization is interested in submitting a project proposal, please note the following:
- The project proposed must conform to the principles and priorities of the Canada Fund and fall within at least one of the themes specified above.
- You must be a registered organization to apply for funding.
- The deadline for proposal submission is 17:00 Tuesday September 15, 2015 (local time in Jordan).
- The maximum funding amount per project is CAD $50,000 (average value of projects is CAD $25,000);
- All projects must end by February 28, 2016 while all final reporting must be submitted no later than March 15, 2016;
- Application forms and financial templates (these must be used in applying) are available upon request to email@example.com;
- All proposals must be submitted in English, French or Arabic by e-mail to:AMMANGR@international.gc.ca copying firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial proposals should be presented in Canadian Dollars (CAD). The currency converter can be found at http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
- Date Modified: