Canadian Technology Accelerator, Cleantech. NYC - Silicon Valley
Qualified candidates who would like to be considered for the 16-week virtual Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) CleanTech starting in March and September annually can can apply online.
CTA CleanTech offers a unique opportunity to Canadian companies to tap into key resources in Silicon Valley and the NYC metro area. Selected companies participate in an advanced virtual educational program tailored for cleantech entrepreneurs and one-on-one mentoring with targeted Silicon Valley and NYC industry experts based on your needs.
Selected companies also benefit from a customer development program, targeting large corporations such as F500 companies and other marquee customers to help accelerate the successful growth of your company into global markets.
CTA CleanTech graduates are given the opportunity to take a seat at a NYC-based CleanTech Incubator for up to 4 months or a preferred seat in Silicon Valley.
As you complete the application, please review the criteria that the screening committee will consider in determining which companies are selected for the CTA CleanTech.
Deadline for receiving applications:
For the March through June program: January 15
For the September through December program: July 15
About the CTA CleanTech
CTA CleanTech connects your business to the unique resources and contacts in Silicon Valley and NYC metro area needed to accelerate the growth of your business.
Accelerator candidates are small to mid-sized Canadian companies with initial traction in the market, differentiated technology, and potential to scale the business.
CTA CleanTech provides access to:
• In-market technology demonstration opportunities
• Strategic partnerships with Fortune 500 companies and/or other high-growth market participants
• New marquee customers including Fortune 500 companies, utilities, government
• Financing opportunities including angel, VC, Corporate Venture, and PE
• A soft landing: CTA CleanTech graduates have the opportunity to take a seat in a NYC incubator or co-working space for up to 4 months covered by CTA CleanTech or a preferred seat in Silicon Valley
CTA CleanTech services include:
• Targeted educational program tailored for CleanTech companies seeking to grow in key US markets and global markets
• One-on-one mentoring with mentor/business advisor based on your specific needs
• Access and introductions to industry leaders, venture capitalists, potential customers, and other key resources through webinars and in-market networking events such as Mentor Days and Demo Days
• Additional connections from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Participating companies are responsible for travel logistics and expenses related to in-market activities.
CTAs in the US
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service manages the Canadian Technology Accelerators (CTA) in New York, Silicon Valley, and Boston, the global clusters for technology and entrepreneurship. For more information on the CTA Initiative, please visit the Canadian Technology Accelerator website.
For more information on CTA CleanTech, please contact:
Régine Clément, Trade Commissioner
Consulate General of Canada in New York
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Daniel Matross, Trade Commissioner
Consulate General of Canada in San Francisco
580 California Street, 14th floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
Sustainanble Development Business Development Bank of Canada