Temporary Resident Visa Application Forms
Please carefully read the Visiting Canada section of our website and the instruction guide provided below before you complete the application forms. The fee for processing your application is not refundable, so make sure you are eligible to get a Temporary Resident Visa before you apply. Please note that submitting a completed application and necessary supporting documents does not guarantee that you will receive a visa.
Open the Temporary Resident Visa Checklist | PDF Version * (175 KB)
- The requirements for a temporary resident visa are listed on the checklist.
- Please complete and place this checklist on top of your application.
Download the Temporary Resident Visa application forms:
- Citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) of the US do not require a temporary resident visa to enter Canada as tourists. They may travel directly to a Canadian port-of-entry to seek admission. They must present proof of their status in the United States.
- For US citizens, acceptable documents to prove this status would include the US passport, a birth certificate or naturalization certificate. However, US citizens will be required to show valid US passports to re-enter the United States.
- For permanent residents, acceptable documents to prove this status would include a valid green card, a valid I-551 endorsement in their passport. It is also advisable to bring a valid picture ID, such as a driver's license.
- Cruise passengers: if you go on a cruise that will pass through Canadian territory, you must apply for a temporary resident visa (not a transit visa) if you require a temporary resident visa to enter Canada. This is regardless whether you intend to go ashore or not.
* If you require a plug-in or a third-party software to view this file, please visit the alternative formats section of our help page.