How much does it cost to participate in IEC and get the documents you need to travel and work in Canada?
International Experience Canada Participation Fee
You have to pay a fee to participate in International Experience Canada, which you must include in your application package. The fee amount can change depending on the currency exchange rate and is updated regularly. On the day you make your payment, you must ensure that your payment amount is the same as the participation fee shown on this website. No other amount will be accepted.
The current participation fee is: New Zealand $175.00
- The fee must be paid via internet banking in New Zealand Dollars using a NZ bank account, or in Canadian Dollars via credit card.
- No other forms of payment are acceptable. DO NOT send cash. DO NOT send an international bank draft. DO NOT send a New Zealand certified bank cheque.
- Please do not submit one payment for multiple applications. Each application must include a separate payment.
- Your Conditional Acceptance Letter (CAL) is also your receipt of payment.
Please include the following information if you are making your payment via internet banking:
- Account holder / Payee: Canadian High Commission
- Account number: 03-0584-0230773-001
- Code: WHP and your date of birth
- Reference: your surname
- Include a print-out of your proof of payment with your IEC-WHP application.
- Please do not transfer funds into the High Commission of Canada bank account until you are ready to submit your application.
- We do not accept international bank transfers. If you do not have a New Zealand bank account and do not have a trusted friend or relative in New Zealand who can make an internet banking payment on your behalf, please pay via credit card.
As the applicant, you are responsible for all bank charges occurring in New Zealand. Any insufficient payment or overpayment received at the High Commission of Canada will automatically cause your application to be refused.
We accept Visa or Master Card credit card payments. Please fill out and sign the Credit Card Authorization form and include in your application package. Your card will be charged the participation fee of 150 Canadian dollars. This form is mandatory in order to process your payment by credit card. Please note that a banking charge applies to this service. Details can be found on the Credit Card Authorisation form.
No other forms of payment will be accepted.
The participation fee will be refunded if:
- your application is not accepted because it was not completed or was not completed correctly;
- you do not meet the eligibility criteria for participating in International Experience Canada;
- your application for a work permit is refused by Citizenship and Immigration Canada;
- the category you applied for is full and International Experience Canada cannot take any more participants this year; or
- you voluntarily withdraw your application before Citizenship and Immigration Canada issues your Letter of Introduction.
Your participation fee will not be refunded if:
- The Letter of Introduction has been issued: Once your application has been approved and the Letter of Introduction sent, you will be assigned one of the spaces available under International Experience Canada. Your participation fee will not be refunded from that point on, even if you decide not to come to Canada.
- You have misrepresented facts on your application: If your application contains false information, it will automatically be refused and your participation fee will not be refunded.
Please note: The participation fee is not transferable under any circumstance, whether from person to person or from year to year.