Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. Discover Canada

Supplemental content

International Experience Canada for Citizens of New Zealand – Travel and Work in Canada

Make your working holiday dream a reality! International Experience Canada gives you the information you need to Travel and Work in Canada for up to one year.

International Experience Canada 2014 will open on Friday, January 10th, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. Wellington time (January 9th, 15:00 Ottawa time). OPEN

IEC Information Events

Are you a New Zealand citizen aged 18 – 35?  Do you want to find out more about International Experience Canada?

Come along to one of our Information Events!

The High Commission of Canada hosts information events at various times throughout the year in various New Zealand locations.
These events are a chance for IEC staff from the High Commission of Canada and representatives from a number of other organisations to provide information about the program, as well as information about travelling and working in Canada.

Next events:

Wednesday, 2nd July 2014 5:00 - 6:30pm

IEP Office
Level 10, 220 Queen Street

Thursday, 3rd July 2014 5:00 - 6:00pm

High Commission of Canada
Level 11, 125 The Terrace 
Wellington 6011

No need to book, just turn up!

You’ve dreamed of spending a year living and working in Canada. Maybe you want to gain valuable international experience in a bilingual across Canada while working at stops along the way.


Did you know that the Government of Canada has an agreement with the Government of New Zealand to make it easier to do just that?

Through International Experience Canada, you can apply for a temporary work permit to travel and work in Canada for up to one year.

International Experience Canada

International Experience Canada enables New Zealand citizens between the ages of 18 and 35 to:

  • stay in Canada for up to one year;
  • legally work in Canada;
  • experience another culture.

Get started today - Choose your Working Holiday!

Photo Credits:
Ski in British Columbia: Canadian Tourism Commission
Explore Canada’s Parks: New Brunswick Department of Tourism and Parks
Work and travel in Quebec City: Canadian Tourism Commission
Northern Lights in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories: Canadian Tourism Commission


Date Modified: