Travel and work in Canada for up to one year
“I can say it was an unforgettable experience. I can highly recommend it. It's a way to see more of this beautiful country Canada.” - Cecile Villiger, Working Holiday in Canada
Eligibility Criteria for the Working Holiday Category
The Working Holiday category is designed for New Zealand citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their stay (maximum 12 months).
To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:
- be a New Zealand citizen with a valid New Zealand passport;
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive);
- have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover your expenses at the beginning of your stay;
- be prepared to take out health-care insurance for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
- pay a participation fee that is equivalent to C$150 in New Zealand dollars; and
- not have participated in the International Experience Canada Working Holiday category before.
For more information: