Defence Relations and Law Enforcement
The Defence Program in Pakistan has two principle objectives:
- to establish and maintain effective contacts with the Pakistan Armed Forces and the Pakistan Ministry of Defence; and
- and be the point of contact for defence and security matters of interest to Canada.
The RCMP Liaison Program - Pakistan
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is Canada's official law enforcement representative in Pakistan. The mandate of the RCMP Liaison Office is to create and maintain formal and informal contact with government agencies and law enforcement agencies in Pakistan. This mandate helps to achieve the following objectives:
- co-ordination and facilitation of major international investigations involving Canadian and Pakistan law enforcement agencies by providing assistance to Canadian officials who travel abroad on major investigations or, by providing assistance to Pakistan officials who have discovered leads which implicate Canada or Canadians;
- facilitation of information exchanges between Canadian law enforcement and Pakistan law enforcement with regards to all aspects of criminality ranging from terrorism and organized crime to drugs and immigration;
- and facilitation of training requests from Pakistan law enforcement agencies seeking Canadian based law enforcement training.
The RCMP Liaison Officer (LO) is posted at the Canadian High Commission in Islamabad, although the LO often travels throughout Pakistan. The RCMP Liaison Office consists of a police officer and a program assistant.
The RCMP LO also has similar responsibilities and duties in eight other countries in Southwest and Central Asia (Afghanistan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyz, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan), where the LO is cross-accredited.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Forces and Department of National Defence
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Peace Support Training Centre
Pearson Peacekeeping Centre