Lost, Stolen, Found, Damaged, Destroyed or Inaccessible Passports

A Canadian passport is a valuable document that should be kept in a safe place at all times. Once a passport has been reported lost or stolen, it is no longer valid and must not be used for travel. This is to ensure that it is not used for fraudulent purposes. Passport Canada, the Government of Canada or any representative of the Government of Canada cannot be held responsible for any difficulties you may encounter at border crossings if you attempt to use a passport that has been reported lost or stolen.

Lost or Stolen

If your passport has been lost or stolen, you need to report it immediately to the Embassy of Canada in Manila and to the nearest police station. For each lost/stolen passport, you must obtain a detailed police report. You will be required to submit the original police report in support of your new passport application. You are advised to submit your application for a replacement passport in person.

In addition to the police report and the standard requirements for a regular passport, you will also need to submit a PPT 203 Statutory Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Inaccessible, or Destroyed Canadian Passport or Travel Document. - PDF Version * (169 KB)

The statutory declaration may be notarized in our office for an additional fee or may be notarized before a person authorized by law to administer an oath or solemn affirmation in the jurisdiction of the passport issuing office.


If you find a passport, including your own passport that you previously reported as lost or stolen, you must immediately notify the Embassy of Canada in Manila and return the found passport to our office.

Damaged, destroyed or inaccessible

If your passport is damaged in any way, you could face significant delays at border crossings. Passport Canada therefore recommends that you apply for a new passport if your current passport is damaged. You must also apply for a new passport if your current passport is destroyed or inaccessible.

* If you require a plug-in or a third-party software to view this file, please visit the alternative formats section of our help page.