Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) Coordinator 2017–2018
The Embassy of Canada in Juba is pleased to invite offers for a contractor to provide services as a Coordinator for the Canada Fund for local initiatives.
The successful bidder will oversee the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives for 2017 and 2018.
The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives
The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) is an annual contribution by Global Affairs Canada aimed at providing funding to community groups, non-government organizations, civil society and, in exceptional cases, international NGOs and government institutions. The CFLI supports small projects addressing governance, democracy, capacity-building, economic, and other social development issues. The Embassy of Canada in Juba administers the CFLI in South Sudan.
General mandate of the contractor
The CFLI Coordinator is responsible for project identification, project monitoring, and maintenance of files for Canada Fund projects, and for preparing appropriate Canada Fund approval documents and reports under the direction of the Head of Mission (HoM). The CFLI Coordinator is responsible and accountable for all operational functions of the CFLI. The Coordinator must plan, implement and administer effective systems and procedures, in accordance with CFLI and Global Affairs Canada regulations, enabling the CFLI to deliver its goals and objectives successfully. For details please visit: TOR CFLI Coordinator.
- Knowledge of the recipient countries and their development priorities.
- Excellent project and budget management skills.
- Ability to assess organizations and projects.
- Ability to pro-actively plan and organize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in English.
- Willingness to travel within states of South Sudan when required.
- Understanding of Government of Canada regulations and policies around transfer payment programs.
- Knowledge and experience related to the CFLI program
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage
Other desirable personal qualities
- Tact, courtesy, discretion, initiative and good judgement.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
Contract end date
- April 30, 2018 for a period of 6 months depending on the work plan. Work not expected to be full-time for the duration of the contract.
Condition of employment
- Government of Canada Security Clearance at “Reliability” level or higher.
Expressions of interest to be emailed by close of business (16h00) on Friday 17th March 2017 to the email address: JUBA-G@international.gc.ca.
- Date Modified: