International Co-op (Internship)
Why not intern in Canada?
Eligibility Criteria for the International Co-op (Internship) Category
The International Co-op (Internship) category is designed for Spanish citizens who are registered students at a post-secondary institution in Spain and who intend to complete a work placement or internship in Canada (maximum 12 months) to fulfill part of their academic curriculum.
To be eligible for the International Co-op (Internship) category you must:
- be a Spanish citizen who normally resides in Spain;
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive);
- have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover your expenses at the beginning of your stay, please note you may have to present evidence of these funds when you enter Canada;
- be prepared to take out health-care insurance for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
- pay a participation fee that is equivalent to C$150 in Euros;
- be registered as a student in a post-secondary institution or in a training centre in Spain;
- have received a signed letter of offer or contract for a work placement or internship in Canada that meets the requirements of your academic curriculum in Spain; and
- not have participated in the International Co-op category before. As a Spanish citizen, you may participate in International Experience Canada only twice and each time in a different category.
For more information: