International Co-op (Internship)
Why not intern in Canada?
Eligibility Criteria for the International Co-op (Internship) Category
The International Co-op (Internship) category is designed for Swedish citizens who are registered students at a post-secondary institution in Sweden and who intend to complete a work placement or internship in Canada (maximum 12 months) to fulfill part of their academic curriculum.
To be eligible for the International Co-op (Internship) category, you must:
- be a Swedish citizen who normally resides in Sweden;
- be between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive);
- have the equivalent of C$2,500 (approximately SEK 16,000) to help cover your expenses at the beginning of your stay;
- be prepared to take out health-care insurance for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
- pay a participation fee, currently SEK 985;
- be registered as a student in Sweden;
- have received a signed letter of offer or contract for a work placement or internship in Canada that meets the requirements of your academic curriculum in Sweden; and
- not have participated in the International Co-op category before. As a Swedish citizen, you may participate in International Experience Canada only twice and each time in a different category.
For more information: