Study and Conduct Research in Canada
Choose Canada for academic qualifications respected around the world. Experience a unique multicultural environment in a safe and beautiful country. More than 200,000 top international students and researchers choose to study in Canada each year. Imagine the key to your future in Canada.
Studying in Canada is an exciting and rewarding experience for many students from around the world. Read stories of international students who have already chosen to study abroad in Canada or join us at a Study in Canada Event taking place near you!
Steps to Study and do Research in Canada
Access official information on what it takes to study and conduct research abroad for any level of education available in Canada through our Education in Canada website:
Canada’s education reputation is based on quality and recognized for excellence across the entire education sector. Canadian credentials are valued around the world. International educators often consider Canada for research and collaboration partnerships. This is why:
- Elementary and secondary (K-12) students in Canada are consistently ranked among the world’s top five academic performers in reading, mathematics and science in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Programme for International Student Assessment. International students benefit from supportive environments with a focus on student-centred learning.
- Canada’s universities are among the best in the world. In 2012, 4 Canadian universities ranked in the Top 100 of the ARWU Shanghai Ranking and 22 in the Top 500; 3 ranked in the Top 50 of the QS University Ranking and 20 in the Top 500; and 5 ranked in the Top 100 of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and 8 in the Top 200.
- Our universities have global links to more than 5,000 active international collaboration agreements with counterparts the world over.
- Canada’s colleges, polytechnics and cégeps offer industry-aligned, career-focused programs with growing levels of applied research directed at solving industry problems. Over 90% of Canada’s college graduates are employed in their field of study within six months after graduation and 93% of employers are satisfied with graduates.
- Language schools in Canada are leaders in language training at all levels, providing a wide variety of programs in English and French for further study, personal development or business preparation.
Education in Canada Resources
- Education in Canada is a comprehensive source for international students and researchers seeking education opportunities in Canada. Find all that you need to reach your study and research goals.
- Contact one of Canada's offices abroad in your country to learn more about applying for a study permit, temporary resident visa application or processing fees and times.
- The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) is an International Referral Gateway for information on studying in Canada, working in Canada, and foreign academic credentials assessment and recognition. CICIC is a unit of the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC).
More Education and Youth Programs in Canada
- Scholarships: International Scholarships available for the best and brightest international students and researchers to study and conduct research in Canada.
- Work and Travel in Canada: Ever dreamed of living and working in a foreign country? International Experience Canada provides the information and resources you need to travel and work in Canada for up to one year.