Gain a year of valuable international work experience in Canada
“This international experience opened my mind to other opportunities, it helped to gain the work experience I needed to advance my education. So, in the fall of 2010, I started a graduate certificate in public management and governance at the University of Ottawa.” - Thiago Fernandes, Brazil, International Work Experience in Canada
Eligibility Criteria for the Young Professionals Category
This Young Professionals category is designed for Ukrainian citizens, particularly graduates of a post-secondary educational institutions in Ukraine, who wish to further their careers by gaining work experience under a pre-arranged contract of employment in Canada (maximum 12 months).
To be eligible for the Young Professionals category, you must:
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 inclusive at the time your application is received. Your application must be stamped as received by the Office of the Embassy of Canada in Kyiv on or after your 18th birthday, and before your 36th birthday;
- be a Ukrainian citizen holding a Ukrainian passport that remains valid throughout the period of stay in Canada. This means that at the time of application your passport should be valid for approximately another 26 months to account for the application processing time of 8 weeks, the one year validity of the Letter of Introduction, and the normal stay of 12 months. The work permit will not be longer than the validity of the passport.
- prior to departure from the Ukraine, be in possession of a departure ticket leaving Canada at the end of your authorized period of stay or sufficient financial resources to purchase such a ticket;
- have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover your expenses at the beginning of your stay;
- provide a clean Ukrainian police certificate;
- not be accompanied by dependant(s) under your IEC application;
- be prepared to take out health-care insurance for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
- have obtained a signed of offer or contract of employment in Canada that is related to your field of professional expertise (degree and/or work experience) and that supports your career development (progression or lateral movement);
- pay a participation fee that is equivalent to C$150 in Ukrainian Hryvnia;
- have not participated in International Experience Canada more than once before.
For more information: