Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Passports and Consular Services


For legal advice please consult a local solicitor with experience of international family law. You may wish to take a look at the list of solicitors on our website.

Information on Canadian divorce law can be obtained from the Department of Justice Canada website.

If you wish to obtain a divorce certificate but are unsure where your divorce was filed, please consult the Canadian Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings.

Library and Archives Canada provides details on where divorce records can be found in each province.


Date Modified: