Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Passports and Consular Services

Stamps and Visas

It is the responsibility of Canadian citizens residing in the UK to obtain from the UK authorities (British Home Office) the correct stamps in their Canadian passports showing they have a right to live and work in the UK.

If you are applying to replace your passport, the old passport will be cancelled and can be returned to you if requested on the application form. We are unable to transfer existing visas from the old passport into the new one. It is your responsibility to verify with the UK authorities as to the validity of the visa contained in your old passport and, if required, to make arrangements to have it added to your new passport.


Date Modified: