Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home

Child Abduction / Custody

International parental child abductions are on the rise, as are child custody cases.

Canadian consular officials in London are able to provide guidance and assistance if such a situation arises.

Our Missing Children operates as Canada's national clearinghouse for missing children. It is linked to all Canadian police and related agencies, US police agencies, and most foreign police agencies. An important component of the program is the Missing Children's Registry, which is a unique and powerful force in locating and recovering missing children.

The Missing Children Society of Canada is a registered non-profit organisation dedicated to the search for runaway and abducted children. It provides a comprehensive Investigative Search Program, free of charge, to assist police and parents in the active and ongoing search for missing children.

Reunite is the leading UK charity specialising in international parental child abduction. It provides advice, information and support to parents, family members and guardians, who have had a child abducted or who fear child abduction.

Although the Canadian High Commission cannot recommend solicitors to clients, we have compiled a list of Solicitors Specialising in International Child Custody, Family Law and Personal Injury.

To prevent a situation that could be interpreted as a child abduction or custody dispute while you are abroad, it is advisable that you have a Consent Letter for Children Travelling Abroad, travelling alone or a child travelling with one parent. For further information, please consult the FAQs on the Children and Travel section of the Consular Affairs Information and Assistance for Canadians Abroad.


Date Modified: