Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Emergency Services

Lost / Stolen Belongings

Passport, Citizenship Card, Birth Certificate

You may wish to contact the Consular Section should your Canadian documents be lost or stolen. Any unclaimed property belonging to Canadians turned in to our office will be disposed of after 30 days.

Contact Us

Credit Card

American Express (issued in Canada): 001 905-474-9329
American Express (issued in the UK): 01273 696933
Visa: 0800 895082 / 891725
MasterCard: 0800 964767

Lost in Transit

If your suspect your belongings were lost in transit, you may wish to contact:

Money Transfer

If you require a money transfer, you may wish to view the information on the MoneyGram International or Western Union websites.

Lost Wallet

For assistance in replacing your lost or stolen documentation in sequential order, you may wish to have a look at the following guidance from Service Canada.


Date Modified: