Travel and work in Canada for up to one year
“I can say it was an unforgettable experience. I can highly recommend it. It's a way to see more of this beautiful country of Canada.” - Cecile Villiger, Working Holiday in Canada
Eligibility Criteria for the Working Holiday Category
The Working Holiday category is designed for citizens of the United Kingdom, who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their stay(maximum 12 months).
To be eligible for the Working Holiday category you must:
- be between the ages of 18 and 30 inclusive at the time your application is received;
- be a citizen of the United Kingdom;
- hold a UK passport with British citizenship that remains valid throughout the period of stay in Canada. When the work permit is issued in Canada, it will not be longer than the validity of the passport. Holders of a ‘Channel Islands’ (Jersey, Guernsey) passport are eligible to apply;
- be in possession of a departure ticket leaving Canada at the end of your authorized period of stay or sufficient financial resources to purchase such a ticket;
- have the equivalent of C$2,500. to help cover expenses at the beginning of your stay, for the first 3 months of the stay;
- accept to purchase, prior to entering Canada, insurance for medical and health-care, including hospitalization and repatriation, for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
- pay a participation fee when requested.
For more information: