Temporary Work Permit Application Forms
Please read the Working Temporarily in Canada section of our website and the instruction guide provided below carefully before you complete the application forms. The fee for processing your application is not refundable, so make sure you are eligible before you apply. Please note that submitting a completed application and necessary supporting documents does not guarantee that you will receive a permit.
Instruction Guide (IMM 5487) | PDF * (32 KB)
You must submit the following completed forms:
- Temporary Work Permit Checklist | PDF * (30 KB): Please complete and place this checklist on top of your application.
- Application form | PDF * (45 KB) (includes IMM 1295B Application Form and Additional Information Form)
If applicable, please also submit the following:
- Live-In Caregiver Questionnaire | PDF * (60 KB) : This form must be completed by the Principal Applicant if applying as a Live-In Caregiver.
- Low Skill Project Questionnaire | PDF * (62 KB): This form must be completed by the Principal Applicant if applying under the Low Skill Program, e.g. as a truck driver, food attendant, construction labourer or healthcare aide.
- Country-specific Questionnaire
If you are a national of any of the countries listed below, you must complete the relevant form and submit it with your application:
- Afghanistan | PDF * (90 KB)
- Haiti | PDF * (83 KB)
- Iran, Iraq, Palestinian Authority, Lebanon, Syria | PDF * (89 KB)
- Rwanda | PDF * (84 KB)
- Somalia | PDF * (91 KB)
- Sudan | PDF * (88 KB)
- Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) | PDF * (70 KB)
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) | PDF * (65 KB)
* If you require a plug-in or a third-party software to view this file, please visit the alternative formats section of our help page .