Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. Discover Canada

Visas and Immigration

Important announcement

Please note that the High Commission is moving to Canada House on Trafalgar Square. The Immigration Section will be closed on Friday 12th December and Monday 15th December. We will reopen on Tuesday 16th December at our new location. For information about our new location please consult our We are moving to Canada House page.

As of April 14, 2014

As of April 14, 2014, the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in London will only accept visa applications submitted online or through the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in London. Our Immigration Reception will no longer be open for any type of business such as submission of applications, documents or passports, or for any enquiry.

Visa Application Centre (VAC)

A VAC opened in London on May 2, 2013, and is located at 179 Harrow Road. 
All temporary resident applications (visitor visa, study or work permit) should be submitted either on-line or through the VAC. As for permanent resident travel document applications, you can only submit them through the VAC.

As of September 4, 2013, you may need to give your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when submitting an application for a visitor visa. This new requirement affects citizens from 29 countries and one territory.

You can give your biometrics at the VAC in London.

Our Services

Welcome to the Visa Section of the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom.

To find out how to make an application at this office, please refer to our list of services below. We provide these services to residents, nationals, or persons legally admitted to these countries.

Quick links


Date Modified: