Temporary Work Permit Application Forms
Please read the Working Temporarily in Canada section of our website and the instruction guide provided below carefully before you complete the application forms. The fee for processing your application is not refundable, so make sure you are eligible before you apply. Please note that submitting a completed application and necessary supporting documents does not guarantee that you will receive a permit.
Instruction Guide (IMM 5487) | PDF * (238 KB)
You must submit the following completed forms:
- Temporary Work Permit Checklist | PDF * (138 KB): Please complete and place this checklist on top of your application.
- Application form IMM 1295: Please complete the form online (using the information/spellings contained in your passport), validate the form, and print the form and the bar codes generated by the validation process. PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN THE FORM. The form can be accessed at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1295E.PDF
- Family Information form (IMM 5645) : This form must be completed by each person, 18 years of age or older, applying for a Temporary Resident Visa, a study or work permit to come to Canada. The form can be accessed at : www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5645E.PDF (59 KB)
- Misrepresentation declaration | PDF * (61 KB): Please complete this declaration
If applicable, please also submit the following:
- Live-In Caregiver Questionnaire | PDF * (60 KB) : This form must be completed by the Principal Applicant if applying as a Live-In Caregiver.
- Low Skill Project Questionnaire | PDF * (62 KB): This form must be completed by the Principal Applicant if applying under the Low Skill Program, e.g. as a truck driver, food attendant, construction labourer or healthcare aide.
- Schedule 1 (IMM 5257) : If you are a national of any of the countries listed below, you must complete the relevant form and submit it with your application:
- Palestinian Authority
Schedule 1 (IMM 5257) is availble on the CIC website www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257B_1.PDF (51KB)
- Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) | PDF * (55 KB)
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) | PDF* (97 KB)
- Police Certificate request form PDF * (45 KB)
Should local police authorities request a letter or document from the High Commission in order to issue a police certificate, this form may be used for that purpose.
* If you require a plug-in or a third-party software to view this file, please visit the alternative formats section of our help page