Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians


If you are unable to download the forms and instructions and wish to receive them in paper copy by mail, please send an email to and specify:

  • Type of form (adult and / or child)
  • Number of applications
  • Preferred language (English or French)
  • Full name, address, postal code
  • Daytime phone number
  • Expiry date of previous Canadian passport

Full passport services are provided at the Embassy of Canada in Brussels for Belgium and Luxembourg. Note: Passport services are not provided by the Honorary Consul in Luxembourg. All applications must be submitted in Brussels.

Prior to making travel arrangements, please consult the travel advice and advisories on the countries you are planning to visit.

Pay online

You can pay online for all your passport services and your citizenship services before submitting your application.

Processing Time

The processing time for a passport is twenty (20) business days; however it may be longer during busy periods.


We will only respond to inquiries regarding the status of the application if it has exceeded the processing time of 20 working days.

Inquiries may be sent to: and please include:

  • Surname and given names exactly as requested on the application form
  • Date of birth
  • Date the application was submitted
  • Mail tracking number or courier service

Urgent travel

If you need a passport urgently or in exceptional circumstances (illness, death), please send an email with detailed information to:

Note: Proof of urgent travel is required for priority processing. Examples of proof of travel are:

  • An airline, bus or train ticket,
  • A travel itinerary showing proof of payment,
  • A written statement, if traveling by car (the validation of the statement is at the Passport Officer's discretion).

Important information for dual nationals

On March 15, 2016, the electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) will become mandatory for visa exempt travellers to Canada. You cannot apply for an eTA if you are a Canadian citizen or a dual citizen.

Every Canadian who travels to Canada by air will need to have a valid Canadian passport.



Date Modified: