Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Living/Travelling in France

Assistance to Canadians

Application for a Canadian Passport from Outside Canada (Child under 16 years of age - PPT 042)

Children are not eligible for simplified passport renewal.  Complete the child application available at the following link: PPTC042.

Both parents (and/or legal guardians) must sign the passport application for a child.

Important note

- An original proof of parentage (including the names of the parents) must be submitted with all child applications.  Consult this link for more information

- The “Livret de Famille”, document by French authorities, is not an accepted by Passport Canada as a proof of parentage

- The Child’s proof of Canadian Citizenship must be submitted with the application

Documents to submit with your passport application:

The list of documents to submit with the application may be found at the following link.


Photos must respect Passport Canada specifications.  Photos taken in photo booths (photomaton) are not accepted. At least one photo must have been signed and dated by the Guarantor. 

Guarantor: New policy effective since December 9th, 2013

For all child applications you must have a guarantor.

If you have lived in France or the Principality of Monaco for less than two years, you may complete the “Declaration in lieu of Guarantor” form (PPTC132), available from Consular Services.

In situations of parental separation/divorce :

All legal documents concerning the custody and parental authority of the child must be presented with the passport application.
Consult this link for more information.

Absence of the Proof of Citizenship for children under two years of age:

If you have submitted a citizenship application for your child (under 2 years of age) and you must travel, you may request passport services.

The requirements of a regular passport application must be presented in addition to a proof of travel issued in the name of the child.  You must also be able to demonstrate that an application for citizenship has been submitted.

For more information, please contact Consular Services.


For current fees and accepted payment methods, please consult our Payment schedule.        

Where to send the application?

Embassy of Canada
Consular Services
130, rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré
75008 Paris France

  • By mail:  It is highly advised to send your application by registered letter.
  • In person: all applicants wishing to submit a request in person must be at least 16 years of age.  If it is not possible for you to appear in person, a third party may submit the application under certain circumstances:  third party authorization.

    If you wish to apply in person, please make an appointment.

Take note :

Passport applications presented in person will not be examined at the reception counter of Consular Services.  The receptionist will transmit the applications to the file analysts.  Applications submitted in person follow the same procedure as those received by the post.

Processing delay:

The processing time for a passport is 20 business days, upon submission of a duly completed file. However it may be longer during busy periods.

Travelling with a child:

For information or advice about travelling with a child, consult the following website.

* If you require a plug-in or a third-party software to view this file, please visit the alternative formats section of our help page.


Date Modified: