Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Passport Services

Legal Information

The Consulate General of Canada cannot intervene in private legal matters or provide legal advice. 

Should you require legal representation in Hong Kong or Macao, you may refer to the following lists of law firms.


Legal Aid is available in Hong Kong from the Legal Aid Department, on a means and merits basis, for cases heard in the higher courts.  You can reach them at (852) 2537 7677.  You can also visit their website for more information:

The Duty Lawyer Service in Hong Kong also offers three types of legal assistance to complement the legal aid services offered by the Legal Aid Department: the Duty Lawyer Scheme, the Legal Advice Scheme, and the Tel-Law Scheme.   Please refer to the Duty Lawyer Service website for more information on the three schemes.

If you need information on the legislation of Hong Kong you may visit the BLIS ( Bilingual Laws Information System) web site at:   This electronic database is maintained by the Department of Justice of the Government of Hong Kong S.A.R.


Date Modified: