Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Living / Travelling in Italy

Verification of Status Request (Record of Landing)

If you have been requested to submit proof of entry or legal status into Canada for your pension application, you will need to apply for a Verification of Status (Record of Landing).

The application must be presented directly to the Query Response Centre at Citizenship and Immigration Canada, in Canada.

Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document

How to apply

NOTE that previous versions of IMM 5009 are no longer accepted.

What documents to include

This simplified checklist is indicated for regular Verification of Status Request (Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing) applications. It is not intended to replace the Instruction Guide [IMM 5545], which you should consult for complete details.

Documents you need to include:

- Verification of Status Form [IMM 5009]

- Photocopy of your:

  • Old entry passport (if not available, include a copy of your current passport)
  • Driver’s license or identity card
  • Marriage certificate – if you are married
  • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship - if you are a Canadian citizen

- Proof of fee payment

Submitting your application

Applications are to be sent by mail (“raccomandata” is suggested) or by courier to the address

Verification of Status or Replacement of an Immigration Document
Query Response Centre (QRC)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Note: The Embassy and Consulates of Canada no longer accept Verification of Status applications, nor do they collect the fees on behalf of Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Fees must be paid online as indicated above.

For further information on pensions, please refer to the section on Retirement, and to Human Resources Development Canada.


Date Modified: