Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Living / Travelling in Japan

Legal Services

The Canadian Embassy (and our Consulates) does not provide legal advice or legal counsel. Persons wishing to retain legal counsel in Japan should see the list of English or French speaking lawyers below (most commonly the former). Such a list is a representative sampling only and neither the Embassy nor Consulate are permitted to recommend any specific lawyer to you. Additionally the Canadian government assumes no responsibility for the competence or reliability of persons/firms shown on the list. However, if you have a negative experience with one of these lawyers, please advise us and the reference may be removed.

Lists of English Speaking Lawyers:

  • Hokkaido
  • Tohoku (Akita, Aomori, Fukushima, Iwate, Miyagi and Yamagata)
  • Hokuriku (Fukui, Ishikawa, Nagano, Niigata and Toyama)
  • Kanto (Chiba, Gunma, Kanagawa, Saitama, Tokyo and Yamanashi)
  • Tokai (Aichi, Gifu, Mie and Shizuoka)
  • Kinki (Hyogo, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Shiga and Wakayama)
  • Chugoku-Shikoku (Hiroshima, Okayama, Shimane, Tottori, Yamaguchi, Ehime, Kagawa, Kochi and Tokushima)
  • Kyushu-Okinawa (Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Kumamoto, Miyazaki, Nagasaki, Oita, Okinawa and Saga)

List of French Speaking Lawyers

Persons requiring legal advice in Canada should contact the bar association or law society in the applicable province or territory.

The following local website links may help you find a solution to your legal or work-related concerns.




Date Modified: