Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Living / Travelling in the Netherlands

Canadian Pensions and Other Canadian Benefits for Residents of the Netherlands

For general information about retirement abroad, please consult the publication Retirement Abroad: Seeing the Sunsets.

Pensions and other benefits

  • If you lived and worked in Canada outside of Quebec before moving to the Netherlands, you may be eligible for benefits under the Canadian Pension Plan.
  • If you lived and worked in Quebec before moving to the Netherlands, you may be eligible for benefits under the Quebec Pension Plan.

If you are a resident of the Netherlands and you believe that you are eligible for a pension under the Canadian or Quebec pension plan, benefits due to invalidity, or benefits under Canadian Old Age Security, please contact the nearest Sociale Verzekerings Bank (SVB). The SVB is the liaison partner of Service Canada and the Quebec Pension Plan.

You will require certified copies of the following documents for your application (the SVB can make certified true copies of your documents):

  • Birth certificate;
  • Old passport with visa stamps (if still in your possession);
  • Extract from your town hall stating the date you departed for Canada and returned to the Netherlands on a permanent basis. (Bewijs van in-en uitschrijving voor vertrek naar Canada en definitieve terugkeer naar Nederland);
  • If possible, your Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN card);
  • If you have reached the age of 65, your Dutch AOW number;
  • All other papers related to your stay in Canada (driver's license, health card etc.);
  • The names and addresses of two people you know in Canada;
  • Your present passport;
  • Landing papers.*

* If you require a copy of your Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056), Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing (IMM 1000),Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)  Visitor Record (IMM 1097 or IMM 1442) and other immigration related documents, download and complete the application forms from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

The application for an immigration document needs to be sent directly to Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Please verify the correct address for your query on the website mentioned on the above.



Date Modified: