Canadians in New Zealand wishing to vote in the Canadian federal election
Not already registered to vote from abroad?
We encourage you to do so as soon as possible. More information can be found on the Elections Canada web site.
Ready to return your ballot to Elections Canada? Here are the options:
- The fastest way to return your ballot to Canada is for you to use a courier company and return it directly to Elections Canada, paying any associated costs.
- If you do not want to assume the cost of returning your ballot to Canada, you can mail it to the High Commission PO Box (see below) and we can forward it to Elections Canada on your behalf. Please note that to exercise this option you will need to send your ballot with sufficient time for it to be received by our offices and forwarded on to Elections Canada. NZ Post is experiencing longer delays than usual as a result of the pandemic.
- Return the ballot to Canada via NZ Post using the postage paid envelope included in your voting package. We encourage you to confirm timelines before exercising this option to ensure that your ballot will be received on time.
- Your ballot must be received by Elections Canada by 6pm EST on September 20 to be counted.
- Ensure that you can safely access the address you provide to Elections Canada (where your ballot is being sent), during lockdown.
- Review the details in the email that you receive from DHL, when your ballot is shipped from Canada, including requirements around signatures and contactless delivery.
To mail your ballot to our PO box:
High Commission of Canada in New Zealand
PO Box 8047
- Date Modified: