Regional Consular Services

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

Due to ongoing concerns related to the spread of COVID-19, preventative measures have been enacted throughout our global network of offices. Consular services remain available to Canadians. Many Government of Canada offices are encouraging clients to limit in-person visits. Canadians in need of assistance should contact the Government of Canada office nearest them by phone or e-mail before visiting in person. You can also contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre.

For information on COVID-19, please visit the Government of Canada's official outbreak page and check our Travel Advice and Advisories. Make sure to register with the Registration of Canadians Abroad to get the latest updates at your destination.

The High Commission of Canada in Wellington provides consular assistance to Canadian citizens in American Samoa, the Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Niue, Samoa, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Wallis and Futuna.

Canadians in Fiji may contact the Honorary Consul of Canada in Nadi to receive emergency consular assistance.

Under the terms of the Canada-Australia Consular Services Sharing Agreement, Canadians may seek emergency consular assistance at the Australian High Commissions in Kiribati, Samoa and Tonga. Canadians in French Polynesia may seek emergency assistance form the Australian Consulate-General in Noumea, New Caledonia. Please note that while passport and registration forms are available from these offices, passports are processed and issued in Wellington only. Questions pertaining to citizenship, passport renewal and other routine matters should be directed to the High Commission of Canada in Wellington.

French Polynesia
Australian Consulate General
7/8th Floor, Immeuble Foch
19 rue du Maréchal Foch
Boite Postale No 22
Noumea, New Caledonia

Australian High Commission
Bairiki, Tarawa
Phone: +686 21184

Australian High Commission
Beach Road
PO Box 704
Apia, Samoa
Phone: +685 23411

Australian High Commission
Salote Road
Nuku’alofa, Tonga
Phone: +676 23244

We encourage all Canadian citizens travelling in the region to register with our Registration of Canadians Abroad service. This will allow the Government of Canada to notify you in case of an emergency abroad or a personal emergency at home. The service also enables you to receive important information before or during a natural disaster or civil unrest. Canadians may also register with the local Australian diplomatic or consular mission in countries covered by the Canada-Australia Consular Services Sharing Agreement.