How to apply for a Study Permit
Please note that all of the listed documents are required when submitting a Study Permit application. If you do not submit all required documents, the application will be returned to you as incomplete and no file will have been created.
The following items are required for a complete application:
- The application form must be completely and accurately filled out, including the Supplementary Information Form PDF * (38 KB) (also referred to as the Family Composition form).
- Correct fee payment – Green receipt must be submitted.
- Letter of acceptance from the educational institute in Canada (original and one copy).
- Proof of sufficient funds for your studies and stay in Canada.
- Police Certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.
- All previous educational documents (only originals are accepted).
- Proof of employment for yourself or your parents.
- If you will be attending an educational institute in the province of Quebec, you must provide a CAQ (certificate d'acceptation du Quebec) from the Government of Quebec (see Quebec Immigration)
- Original valid passport, preferably for the total length of intended studies.
- All previous passports (originals).
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs. The name and date of birth must be written on the reverse of the photograph.
- Copies of Valid Passport (pages bearing name and picture).
- Copy of National Identity Card for each applicant.
- For Afghan nationals: a copy of the Tazkara for each applicant, as well as a completed Afghanistan Questionnaire PDF * (103 KB).
To find information on how and where to obtain police certificates, including police or government contact information consult the Procedures for Obtaining Police Certificates. If this information is unavailable, contact the national police agency or the country's or territoryâ€™s embassy or consulate
Submission of any false or misleading information will result in the refusal of your application.
Although the documents listed above are required in support of your application, the submission of these items will not guarantee the approval of your application. The officer who reviews your application must be satisfied that you will be a genuine visitor to Canada and that you will leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay.
Applicants will be notified if an interview is required. Applicants may also be required to undergo a medical examination performed by a physician designated by the Canadian High Commission. Instructions and forms concerning the medical examination will be provided following the assessment of your application.
To apply for a Study Permit, you must complete the following forms:
- Date Modified: