Studying in Canada: Applying for a visa

Persons wishing to study in Canada require both a Study Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa. The application for a study permit includes the application for a Temporary Resident Visa.

Please note that an application for a Study Permit must include an original letter of acceptance from a Canadian Educational Institution. The application will be returned as incomplete if the original letter of acceptance is not submitted.

A study permit procedures can take some time to finalize, it is recommended that the complete application is submitted 2 -3 months before the start of classes and no later than 1 month before the start of classes.

Important Notice

Please note that if your application is successful, you will be issued with a study permit along with a temporary resident visa valid for multiple entries or one single entry.

If you are issued a SINGLE ENTRY visa you will be allowed to enter Canada only once; however, it may also be used for repeated entries into Canada from the United States or St. Pierre et Miquelon only. Such entries must occur within the time authorized for your stay in Canada. Therefore, if, for example, you decide to return to Pakistan at any time, you will have to re-apply for a temporary resident visa at a Canadian visa office outside Canada if you want to re-enter Canada. Your application for a new temporary resident visa must include proof of your continued enrolment at the institution in Canada as well as originals of your most recent academic records (transcripts, marks sheets, etc.).

Find out how to apply and to download Study Permit application forms.

Find Out About: