Passport Services

*Note: processing times do not include mailing/delivery

Guidelines specific to applicants in the Philippines

If you are not able to locate the answer to your question after browsing our and Passport Canada’s website, please communicate with us.

How to apply

We strongly recommend you fully complete the application and prepare your supporting documentation prior to sending your application as incomplete applications cannot be accepted.

Applications may be submitted via commercial courier to:

Embassy of Canada
Consular Section
Level 8, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200

Passport applications will not be accepted at the Consulate in Cebu.

Newly issued passports will no longer be available for pick-up at the Embassy of Canada in Manila. Once available, your new passport will be sent directly to your local mailing address via courrier at no additional cost.

Important: Please ensure that you provide your complete mailing address and current contact details when submitting an application. Any change of address or telephone number should be advised immediately by email at

PAY ONLINE before you apply for the following passport services:

  • Regular adult passports (5- and 10-year validity)
  • Child passports (5-year validity)
  • The administrative fee for replacing a valid lost or stolen passport ($45)

Guarantors in the Philippines

For Child Applications and traditional Adult Applications (non-Simplified Renewal) which require a guarantor, the guarantor does not have to be a Canadian citizen, but MUST be included in one of the listed groups specified in the application form and be currently practicing their profession in the Philippines.

An applicant who is unable to obtain the signature of an eligible guarantor is required to complete Form PPTC 132, "Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor". This form must be completed and signed before a Commissioner for Oaths, Notary Public, Justice of the Peace or another official who is qualified to administer the oath in the Philippines. A qualified official also includes a Canadian or British diplomatic or consular representative, therefore this service may be obtained from our office for a fee when you submit your application (in person only).

In this instance, it is not necessary for the official to know the applicant personally.

The PPTC 132 Statutory Declaration in Lieu of a Guarantor requires substantial background information. For example, two more references are required in addition to those provided on an adult passport application. You are advised to fully complete the form before presenting your documents to our office but do not sign the form until you read the oath in front of the qualified official.

The official witnessing your signature on the PPTC 132 form must also write on the back of one (1) of your photos, “I certify this to be a true likeness of (full name)” and sign.

This form cannot be downloaded from the internet and must be submitted in original format. Please contact us to obtain the form.

First Canadian Passport (Child passport application)

The Embassy requests to see government issued photo identification of both parents for child applications. For this reason, if applying in person, both parents should bring identification with them. If applying by mail, parents should enclose original or *copies of their identification to avoid delays in processing.

Documents to support your identity must be valid, must be issued by a federal, provincial, territorial or municipal authority in Canada or local equivalent, and must include your name and signature.

*Copies are acceptable provided your guarantor has signed and dated a copy of each document (both sides) confirming that the original document has been seen.

If you are submitting original documents, they will be returned to you.

Parental Consent

If one parent resides outside the Philippines, he/she must report to the nearest Passport Office or a Canadian mission abroad to complete the “Acknowledgement/Consent to Provision of Passport Facilities for a Minor Child” form (PPTC028) and present valid government-issued photo identification.

The details of both parents should be written in Section 2 (Information on Applicant) of the Child Passport Application, but the declaration/signature block for the parent residing outside the Philippines must be left empty.

Prior to submitting the passport application, we recommend that the parent submitting the application contact the Consular Section to obtain a file number which must be provided to the other parent who will present this to the nearest Passport Office or Canadian mission abroad to complete “Acknowledgement/Consent to Provision of Passport Facilities for a Minor Child” form. Otherwise, there may be a delay in processing the passport application.

Legal or De Facto Guardians

In cases where children reside in the Philippines with a legal or de facto guardian and both parents reside outside the Philippines, the details of both parents should be written in Section 2 (Information on Applicant) of the Child Passport Application, but the declaration/signature block must be left empty.

The details of the guardian in the Philippines should be written in Section 5 (Declaration of Applicant). The guardian should sign the declaration in that section and write the following statement in the signature box “I have been authorized by the parent/custodial parent/legal guardian to complete this form”.

Prior to submitting the passport application, we highly recommend that the legal or de facto guardian contact the Consular Section to obtain a Passport Service file number. The file number must be provided to the parents who will present this to the nearest Passport Office or Canadian mission abroad to complete the “Acknowledgement/ Consent to Provision of Passport Facilities for a Minor Child” forms. Each parent must also submit a written statement confirming:

"I the undersigned, (name), as the parent, custodial parent or legal guardian, authorize (name of guardian) to apply for a passport on behalf of child (name) and the passport, when it is issued, may be released to that person."

It must also state the reason why they are themselves unable to apply.

Frequently Asked Questions

Please refer to more Frequently Asked Questions available on the Passport Canada website.

I am/my child is unable to present my/my child’s original proof of Canadian citizenship. How can I get a passport to travel?

Proof of Canadian citizenship is required to support each passport application, except if you are eligible for the Adult Passport Renewal Application process.

We highly recommend that you submit an application for proof of citizenship as soon as possible following:

  • The birth of your child outside Canada, or
  • If your proof of citizenship is lost, stolen or damaged.

The application for proof of citizenship can be a lengthy process and we urge you to submit the application as soon as possible. If possible, you should consider deferring all travel plans until the certificate is received from the Processing Center in Canada.

Following submission of the citizenship application, if travel plans cannot be deferred, you may submit a fully completed passport application along with all supporting documentation as well as your/your child's proof of travel, such as a confirmed and paid itinerary or an airline ticket, and the receipt confirming submission of the proof of citizenship application as supporting documentation to assess the case. Our passport examiners will assess your case and determine the necessity of issuing a limited validity passport to meet you/your child’s travel needs.

For new born children who have not been issued any proof of citizenship, the proof of Canadian citizenship from one of the parents is required in addition to all other supporting documents. Please note that a Limited Validity Passport can only be issued to children aged below two (2) years old who have no proof of Canadian citizenship.

My child is less than six (6) months old and does not have an original birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)? How do I comply with the birth certificate requirement?

For children under six (6) months old, a birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar is acceptable provided it has been authenticated by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).

My child is currently not in the Philippines. Can I submit a passport application to the passport office in Manila on their behalf?

The passport application should be submitted to the nearest passport office to where the bearer is residing. Please do not submit their passport application to the Embassy of Canada in Manila or Consulate of Canada in Cebu if the child is not in the Philippines.

Can I submit an application for processing in the Philippines if I am not physically there?

Passport applications must be submitted to the nearest passport issuing office in the country where you are residing or visiting. If you are not physically in the Philippines to submit or collect the passport, please do not forward your application to the Embassy of Canada Manila or the Consulate of Canada in Cebu.

Where can I have my photos taken?

The Embassy of Canada in Manila does not designate or appoint any photographer to produce Canadian passport photographs. Passport photos are available at most photo studios in the Philippines. Please present the photo specifications to the photographer and request that they produce photographs that meet the size and quality as noted.

Can I have my new passport sent to another office for me to collect there?

No. Your new passport will be sent directly to your local mailing address via courier.

Can I still use the valid visas in my cancelled passport?

Only the visa issuing authority can determine the validity of a visa in a cancelled passport. We would advise the bearer of the passport to contact the relevant foreign issuing authority for more information. Please be advised that visas are the sole responsibility of the passport bearer.

My passport has expired for some time. Can I still renew it?

If your passport has expired, you may submit an application to have a new passport issued to you. There is no time limit to submit for the new passport.

Am I able to travel using my expired passport?

Once a passport has expired, it is no longer valid for travel. For your own convenience, please ensure your current passport is valid before you book your tickets for travel.

Do I require six months of validity on my passport to travel back to Canada?

No. Canadians can use their passport to return to Canada provided the document is still valid.

Why do you recommend that Canadians ensure there are at least six or more months of validity remaining on their passports?

Many countries strictly enforce a rule prohibiting entry if the traveller is holding a passport that will expire within six months of the date of entry. We strongly urge Canadians to check with their travel agent, airline, or Embassy of the country they intend to visit to ensure their document is acceptable for entry otherwise the individual may experience financial loss as a result of cancelled travel plans.

Will I be allowed to keep my damaged or destroyed passport?

No. The damaged or destroyed passport must be surrendered to the Embassy of Canada Manila. We can however provide you with certified copies of your visa pages if required.