Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians

Supplemental content


Consular Points of Service in Turkey

Table of Contents

Contact Information

Ankara Embassy of Canada

  • Street Address:
    Cinnah Caddesi No. 58, Çankaya 06690, Ankara, Turkey
  • Telephone: 90 (312) 409-2700
    Fax: 90 (312) 409-2712
  • Services: Passport Services Available

Istanbul Consulate General of Canada

  • Street Address:
    209 Buyukdere Caddesi, Tekfen Tower - Levent 4, Istanbul, Turkey
  • Telephone: 90 (212) 385-9700
    Fax: 90 (212) 357-1000

Hours of Operation:

Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 12:00

Local Assistance

In case of emergency, dial:

  • police: 155 / 156 (if you are in a rural area)
  • medical assistance: 112
  • firefighters: 110

Emergency Services After Hours

For emergency assistance after hours, call the Embassy of Canada in Ankara or the Consulate of Canada in Istanbul and follow the instructions. You may also call the Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa toll-free at 00800-14-220-0149. The toll-free number is inaccessible for mobile phone users in Turkey.

The decision to travel is your choice and you are responsible for your personal safety abroad. The Government of Canada takes the safety and security of Canadians abroad very seriously and provides credible and timely information in its Travel Advice to enable you to make well-informed decisions regarding your travel abroad. In the event of a large-scale emergency, every effort will be made to provide assistance. However, there may be constraints that will limit the ability of the Government of Canada to provide services.

See Large-scale emergencies abroad for more information.

Consular Services Provided by the Government of Canada

Canadian government officials abroad can:

  • help in a medical emergency by providing a list of local doctors and hospitals;
  • provide advice and contact information for local police and medical services to victims of robbery, sexual assault or other violence;
  • provide assistance in cases of missing persons or the abduction of a child to another country;
  • replace a lost, stolen, damaged or expired passport;
  • contact relatives or friends to request assistance in sending you money or airline tickets;
  • transfer funds if urgent financial assistance is required and all other options have been exhausted;
  • contact next of kin, with your authorization, if you have had an accident or are detained by police;
  • advise local police in Canada to contact next of kin in case of death;
  • provide assistance to repatriate the remains of your loved one back to Canada;
  • help you, in case of a death abroad, to identify a funeral home experienced in international funeral arrangements in the region where the death took place as well as a funeral home in Canada;
  • request timely and transparent investigations into suspicious circumstances in the event of an alleged or apparent crime or death (although consular officials cannot interfere in an investigation or legal matter);
  • contact friends or family on your behalf, with your authorization.
  • provide you with a list of local lawyers;
  • provide you with sources of information about local laws and regulations.

Canadian government officials abroad cannot:

  • guarantee your safety and security while you are abroad;
  • post bail, pay legal fees or medical expenses;
  • reimburse you for hotel costs, delayed travel or cancelled trips;
  • provide legal advice, intervene in private legal matters or financial estate disputes;
  • get you out of prison;
  • intercede with foreign immigration officials to allow you to enter or exit a country;
  • solve immigration-related problems such as overstaying a visa and applications for a visa to Canada or other countries;
  • perform fingerprinting services or obtain criminal record checks;
  • help you find employment, accept mail, store personal effects or search for lost items on your behalf;
  • perform investigations abroad into crimes or deaths: this is the responsibility of local authorities;
  • ask local authorities to give you preferential treatment;
  • take possession of a child that has been abducted by a parent involved in a custody dispute.

During large-scale emergencies, such as natural disasters and civil unrest, the Government of Canada may:

  • deploy expert teams to enhance the capacity of our officers in the region affected by an emergency;
  • help Canadians depart to the nearest safe haven on a cost-recovery basis;
  • liaise with families back in Canada or try to put Canadians in touch with their families;
  • provide timely information and updates through our website and social media as well as by phone, SMS and email.


Date Modified: