Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Passports and Consular Services

Registration of Canadians Abroad

Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada offers a registration service for Canadians travelling or residing abroad.

This service is provided in case there is a need to contact Canadians to offer urgent advice in situations such as natural disaster or civil unrest, or to inform them of a family emergency at home.

Registration is voluntary and personal information provided on the registration form is used in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act.

If living or visiting in the UK for longer than three months

If planning to visit the UK for less than three months

  • Leave a detailed travel itinerary and contact details with family and friends in Canada
  • Provide family and friends in Canada with the emergency contact information for Foreign Affairs and International Trade
  • Keep on hand the contact information for the Canadian High Commission in London.




Date Modified: