Receptionist – Emergency Employment
Position Title: Receptionist
Employment: Emergency employment
Eligibility: Open to all external applicants who meet all of the essential qualifications and whose applications are received by the closing date.
Last date to submit application: Sunday, February 25, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
Education: High School Degree.
Language: Fluency in English and French and Spanish, both written and spoken, is required.
Experience: Significant experience working with the public.
Experience working in a formal office environment performing related duties.
Experience with office automation tools and computer software applications; managing correspondence and implementing filing and tracking systems.
Experience monitoring and programing social media content (e.g. Twitter, Facebook).
Under the supervision of the Personnel Officer, operates the central telephone switchboard serving all programs of the Mission; provides general information to visitors related to the consular, cultural and information, public affairs and commercial programs of the Mission and answers general enquiries on Canada; receives and monitors movements of individuals in the reception area; assists the Finance and Human Resources sections; handles all incoming and outgoing mail; assist with the preparation and delivery of the unclassified diplomatic mail and performs other related duties.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures, including filing and tracking systems.
- Communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing, in English and French and Spanish.
- Draft messages, correspondence and general information in all three languages
- Prioritize and multi-task immediate conflicting priorities.
- Use, apply and combine a variety of computer software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Maintain an appropriate filing and tracking system.
- Be well-organized and attentive to details.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and discretion in handling of correspondence and sensitive information.
- Demonstrate tact and courtesy when dealing with clients in person, by telephone or by email.
- Client focus
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Effective interactive communication
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Professional integrity
- Good judgement
- Attention to details
- University degree in Modern Languages or International Relations
- Experience in bookkeeping and translation of documents to/from Spanish
- Experience working at a diplomatic mission or international organization
- Superior client service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Canada and Canadian culture, values, institutions and interests
- The selected candidate must replace the current holder of the position for a period of six (6) months.
- Qualified candidates must be willing to be on hold and must have the ability to report to work with minimal notice.
Conditions of employment
The candidate must be a Venezuelan citizen or a legal resident of Venezuela. The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to medical clearance, to be administered by a Mission-appointed physician, and personnel security screening, to be conducted by Mission security. The selected candidate must submit the following documents to Mission security:
- Police clearance certificate;
- Letter of recognition from your bank stating your name, years of client service and your address.
- Professional and educational mark sheets and certificates;
- Passport and local I.D.;
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship (if applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- 4 passport photos;
- 2 letters of reference;
- Others items as required.
How to apply
Send your application to: CRCASHumanResources@international.gc.ca
Please quote competition in the subject of the email:
EMERGENCY EMPLOYMENT – RECEPTIONIST
Only applications submitted to the above address and before the cut-off date and time will be considered for screening.
Your application must include:
- Resume (maximum 3 pages)
- Only the short-listed applicants will be contacted by the Human Resources section.
- Interviews are intended for the week of March 5-March 9, 2018.
Issuance date: Wednesday February 14, 2018
- Date Modified: